Whether it is PlayStation or Xbox you often receive error code boar at any time while playing Destiny. This error relates to the problem in your network connection, and as a result, you face boar error code. Also, if you recently performed any unfinished update, then this may be the reason for the error code too. The incomplete updates may bring some bugs and interrupt the network connection. So whatever the reason is there are solutions to that you can’t go wrong with. So let’s try them one by one and see if the error goes off.
#1 Check for Undone Updates And Install Them
The first step needs you to check for any updates that are in the queue. It will be beneficial if you install them because sometimes not installing updates also cause several issues to your console while playing. So if you want to play Destiny without any obstruction then try downloading the updates and install them successfully.
Note: you should also clear your cache whether you are using Xbox or PlayStation. You can shut it off entirely and then turn on again to flush off the cache, to get clear instructions on flushing off the cache you can visit my previous article. Now, start with the updates for both Xbox and PlayStation users.
Xbox One Users:
- Xbox users press the Xbox logo button that you can find on your controller.
- This will open up the menu and there you select Settings and then All settings.
- Here go to System and then Updates.
This way you can see all the pending updates that are available for your console. You can download them and perform a proper installation. Just have some patience and get it done. After the installation is done, you can make some settings to get updates done automatically.
- Go to your Xbox system and sign in using your details.
- Now go to the User profile and in the settings menu choose Power and Startup from the left side.
- Here you can check the option saying ‘Keep my console, games & apps up to date.’
This way all your games and apps will receive automatic updates, and you won’t have to do it manually.
PlayStation 4 Users:
- PlayStation users click that button on PS button on your controller, and that will represent you the function screen.
- Here go to Settings and System Software Update.
The system will check for any available updates and the latest version of the software.
If you find any update, then complete the downloading and go to Notifications and then Downloads and install the downloaded files.
Now, it’s time to update the game itself to the updated version. PS4 normally updates all the games and apps automatically, but you can try in case it doesn’t.
- Go to your PlayStation 4 main menu and go to Destiny or Destiny 2 whichever you have.
- After selecting the game press that Options button that you can find on your controller and then click Check for update.
- It will notify you about any available update that you can download, and by pressing the X button, you can track your downloads.
- Later, install this downloaded file and have great gameplay.
In case if your PlayStation needs an update, then you should perform the operation to eliminate any kind of networking issues. You can do it using a PC and a USB storage device. Just follow the steps carefully:
- Turn on your PC and make a folder named as PS4. Inside this folder make another folder named Update.
- Visit the official website of PS4 and download the update. Once it is downloaded, keep it in the Update folder you just created.
- Name this file as ‘PS4UPDATE.PUP’ and here is the link for downloading the PS4 update: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/ps4-system-software/
- Now, you need to take this entire PS4 folder to USB storage device and put it in the root folder.
- In The next step, connect it to your PS4 and press the PlayStation button to get the function screen.
- Here go to Settings and then System Software Updates. If you have done all the steps well, then it will recognize the folder itself.
- Lastly, you just follow the onscreen steps and get the update done.
#2 Get It Done By Creating a New PSN Account
The entire purpose of creating a new account is downloading the update. Once you are done, you can switch to your original account and access the gameplay. This is a bit lengthy process, but it is useful too so you can give it a try.
But before initiating any process, you need to delete Destiny’s data from your console. You can get the data again as it is all saved in your original PSN account. First, I’ll mention the process using PS3 and then PS4.
PlayStation 3 Users:
- Get to the Home Menu of PS3 and go to Game then Game Data Utility.
- Just get to the Game Data Utility but remember not to delete Saved Data Utility else you will lose all your game’s data.
- Now in the Game data utility, choose the file you want to delete and press that Triangle button and then confirm Delete by pressing X button on the controller.
PlayStation 4 Users:
- Go to your PlayStation’s Settings then choose Application Saved Data Management and click Delete.
- Select Destiny or Destiny 2 whichever you play and mark the check boxes that you want to delete.
- There go to the Delete button and confirm your action.
Now, the data is deleted, and you need to put your steps further on creating a new temporary
PSN account and that means a new user. Remember to use the exact location and address of the game’s region else you may face troubles in the further process.
- Go to your PS4 system and on the login screen select Create a new user.
- Now, a new user is created but to create a PSN account click Next and choose to Create an Account and then Sign up.
- If you do not wish to continue creating an account then just choose Skip, and you can play directly using your avatar and the user account.
- You can sign up later using the avatar icon and create a PSN account.
- You just need to fill all the details like your age that should be 18 or you will need an adult to approve the account.
- In the same ay fill up other details like name, last name, and email address that you can sign in because a verification mail will be sent to that.
- This way you create a new PSN account after you verify the email address using that verification email.
- You can also ask to resend the verification email or check your spam folder, and it may be there.
- Now you are all done so you can sign in using the new account and launch the game Destiny.
- Here you can start the update so you won’t face the destiny error code boar.
- Once the download is finished, you can sign out from the account and login into the original account. Try running Destiny and see if it works normally.
Both of these solutions can help you on how to fix error code boar. Just try the first one and if you still get the error then get to the second method as it takes time. Also, if you can share any other suggestions, then you are always welcome.