Sometimes, the game gets crashed, and the client doesn’t open up. The reasons can be many, so here I bring you the possible solutions for fallout 4 crash on startup that you can try and see if it starts working again.
There is no doubt that Fallout series is one of the most amazing action role-playing games. Players all around the globe love having the game on their platforms like PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows 10.
Solutions for Fallout 4 Crashing On Startup
#1 Disable Your System’s Anti-Virus
Several times it’s just your antivirus that happens because it interrupts with every software you install on your system. And sometimes when it feels anything malicious then it blocks the program, and this can be the possible reason in your case.
So try disabling the antivirus and check if the client opens up or not. There is no need to uninstall it completely, just disable it for a few minutes just for checking purpose. Try opening the client by clicking Run as administrator.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the taskbar and look for the antivirus icon.
- Right-click it and go to shield control.
- Now it will say something like ‘Disable it for 10 minutes’ or so. You can choose the appropriate time and check rerunning the game.
— Also Check games like fallout 4
#2 Update Graphics Drivers
Sometimes it’s is those graphics drivers that are outdated and as a reason, you face the issue. You need to check the status of your graphics drivers to solve fallout 4 not launching issue.
If you don’t have any idea of how to do this then follow these steps:
- Right click on the My Computer icon and select Manage.
- From the left side, select Device Manager.
- Now you can see all the hardware installed in your system, just check for the Graphics Driver option and right click it.
- If it shows a yellow exclamation mark then right click it and go to ‘Update driver software.’
It will take a few minutes, and you just need to follow that instruction board and you are done. Now, you can try opening up the game again.
However, sometimes Fallout 4 crashes because of updating the drivers so if it’s the case then you need to downgrade your drivers again to make it run. Updated drivers may come in versions like 358.91, 358.87 and 358.50 so you need to lower it to 355.98.
How to check the Nvidia graphics drivers:
- Right click on your desktop and choose something like Nvidia control panel or configuration. There, in the menu option go to Help and click System Information.
- Here you can see the version of your installed Nvidia driver that you can downgrade using the official website of Nvidia.
#3 Tweak Some Settings
Maybe there are some settings enabled in your system, and they cause this problem to happen with Fallout 4. Below is a list of possible reasons that you can check and get rid of the issue:
- Check your game’s resolution as it should match your desktop’s resolution.
- Try running the program in the window and borderless window
- Disable the Intro Video by unchecking the appropriate box.
- Same way uncheck Enable God rays.
#4 Check If It Is Mouse Acceleration Issue
Many times it causes the fallout 4 not launching issue and for this here are some simple steps:
- Follow this path: C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4
- Search for a file ‘Fallout 4 Config’ and open it.
- Here you need to change the iPresentinterval value from 1 to 0.
- Repeat the same with ‘Fallout4prefs’ and ‘bForceIgnoreSmoothness.’
- Now you can save all the settings and close the window.
- It’s time to restart your machine and open the Steam client.
- There go to the library section and head to Fallout 4.
- Right-click it and go to properties.
- There go to Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
Just wait a few minutes until Steam check the integrity and you are done.
#5 Replace Some Files or Perform Re-Downloading
If it seems like no other methods worked for you then you can try the last method. Here you need to re-download the game’s files, and it will surely work.
- Open your Steam client and head to the library.
- There select Fallout 4 as it’s the one that is causing the problem.
- Right-click it and go to uninstall.
- In the pop up that says ‘delete local content’ select Yes and let it proceed.
- Now end the Steam client and delete any mod for additional files you installed for Fallout 4.
- Now you can restart the computer against and try reinstalling the Steam.
These are all five methods of fallout 4 crash on startup issue, and you can start from the first one that is the easiest one too. I am sure your issue would get resolved using these mentioned methods. Also, you can share your opinions here or any other ideas if you have.