Whenever you get Error nw-31253-4 in your PS4, then it is mostly due to DNS problem. The network connection interferes with your console and generates the error. So in order to solve the issue, you must take some steps towards tweaking in DNS settings.
There are fixes that you can follow, but before that I recommend you to check your internet connection if there is nothing wrong with it. Try running it on other devices and if they all are working fine then head to these solutions else work on your internet connectivity.
How to Fix Error Code nw-31253-4
1. Use Google’s DNS Addresses
This is a simple fix that can help in your situation of the 31253-4 error code. Different DNS addresses affect your network connectivity, and Google’s DNS always can be trusted. They are all free to use, and there is nothing wrong if you use them instead of the assigned ones.
So follow these steps and fix your console:
- Turn on the PS4 console and go to the menu.
- In the menu look for the Settings and then click Network.
- Choose Set up Internet Connection and go to your internet connection like Wi-Fi or Wired.
- In case of Wi-Fi, go to Custom then Select Network and enter your password if it is not saved.
- There go to IP Address Settings and then choose DHCP Host Name and click DNS Settings.
- In the wired system, go to Custom and then directly to IP Address Settings.
- There choose DHCP Host Name and then access DNS Settings.
- Here you can see fields to enter DNS address so enter “18.104.22.168.” in the first box and “22.214.171.124.” in the second box.
By now, your error should be gone. Also, make sure that you are not using any proxy in your network connection. To check go to Settings, then Proxy Server and make sure it is turned off.
2. Make a Reset to Your PS4
The solution works almost all the time, and even a nontechnical person handles it well. So if the first one doesn’t sound good to you or work, then you can try resetting your console. Resetting PS4 refreshes all the settings and gives a new life to the internet connections you don’t face any network issues. Just follow these steps:
- First, you need to shut off PS4 completely.
- After that, unplug the power cord by taking it off the switchboard.
- Disconnect every cable you see connected to your PS4 such as modem cable, controller, route, etc. and wait a few minutes.
- Finally, connect all the cords again including the power cord and start the console as you do usually.
- Do it correctly and switch on after you have connected all the cord in the right manner to keep any damage away. This way you get rid of PS4 Error nw-31253-4.
3. Use Smart DNS Proxy
If the error nw-31253-4 still exists, then you can try using Smart DNS Proxy from the official website. You can choose DNS server that you think nearest to your location as they offer their services globally. To do this, here are the simple steps:
- Access the official website: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
- Now go to register yourself or Sign Up.
- There fill all the necessary details such as your Name, Email ID, Password, and then hit the Submit button.
- Now just check your email and click the link sent to you to verify your email address.
- You can also request Resend Verification email or go to your spam folder.
- After you verify successfully, you can choose DNS server according to your location and enjoy the service. They have a free trial service which you can change to paid later.
So here are all three effective ways to get rid of PS4 DNS Error nw-31253-4 issue. You can try all of them and share your ideas or more methods in the comment section.