Mod means modification or changes that players make in the video games like Skyrim and Fallout. Different mods allow you to change the game differently. And these small tweaks make a game even more attractive in terms of landscapes, weapons, characters, and several other factors as well. This ability to change the game as per your choices has made the mod a well-known term that users from all over the globe always love to try mods in the allowed games.
Here I’ll talk about the mod organizer or what is a mod organizer, how to install mod organizer, understanding mod organizer vs. nexus mod manager, and other related things.
What Is Mod Organizer?
Mod organizer as you can understand by its name is a tool that organizes or manages all the available mods. It’s like a collection of mods that provide you modifications for games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim as these are allowed at present for changes using the mod organizer.
Mod Organizer allows modifications for these games only as the program itself is 32-bit, so it supports games having 32-bit functionality and doesn’t work with 64-bit games. So it’s a beneficial tool if you are one of the people who love to experiment their game playing experiences.
Check out Best Minecraft Mods
How To Install And Configure Mod Organizer For Skyrim And Fallout?
Now, you know the importance of mods when you are very much into the video games. So here I’ll guide you to install the Mod Organizer properly, so don’t miss any step.
- First, you need to launch the game before going any further. If you haven’t launched the game, then mod organizer may not be able to find the required files for the game. So make sure you have launched games Skyrim Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas so registries and files can take place.
- The second thing is the Microsoft.net framework 4.0 which is the essential part. Most of the devices already have it, but if you do not, then it is strongly recommended to install the framework.
- Another thing is the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x86) that should be on your device. It keeps you from errors like Python not installed or so.
- Now come to the main installation, so you need to visit the official website that is: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?
- Download the Mod Organizer file from there and run the exe in order to install it.
- Now the setup gets on the screen with all the instructions, so you just need to follow it.
- Very first, click Next and then I agree, and on the next screen, it offers you the window named Choose components. Just make sure that all the boxes are checked including the start menu and Handle nexus links. Handle nexus links allow you to use nexus mods and built-in download manager features too.
- Click next, and choose your game’s directory with which you want to try the mod organizer. So suppose it is Fallout 3 then in the select destination option go to Browse and follow this path: D:>Steam>Steamapps>Common>Fallout 3. Click Make a new folder and rename it to Mod Organizer and click OK.
- This way you can make a copy of Mod organizer for the remaining games like Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim. Run the exe file and choose a different game in the directory section each time. Repeat the entire process and you are done getting mad for each game.
- Choosing directory is done, so just hit the install button and let it proceed and click finish.
Now mod organizer will be automatically launched with the prompt that whether you want to start the basic tutorial or not. Choose Yes or No and then proceed further. Taking basic tutorial is recommended if this is your first time.
How Mod Organizer And Nexus Mod Manager Are Different?
Well, there are two major managers, and by using then you can play with games by changing them in the way you want. These two managers are mod organizer and nexus mod manager.
Now, both of these function pretty same and there are just a few differences in functionality that I’ll discuss here so you can get a good idea that how they differ actually.
Pros and Cons of Mod Organizer-
I would recommend Nexus Mod Manager for someone who is new to modding. Mod Organizer can be used by anyone familiar with mods or who have used Nexus Mod Manager and found that they need to use some of the advanced features that Mod Organizer offers. I have listed the pros and cons of each tool below to allow you to make your own choice.
|It offers you a user-friendly interface.||It allows several advanced features, so it takes some learning especially for the first time users.|
|Mod manager efficiently manages all the mods without increasing conflicts.||There is a lot to experience in the mod organizer, so it is not as clean as Nexus Mod Manager.|
|With the manager, you can create multiple profiles and use mods for different games.|
|The installation process is quite easy and understandable.|
|It ensures the quality that means mod will work as it should be.|
|Also, it keeps your directory safe where the games’ data is loaded.|
|It is very well-known for its innovative features and advancement.|
|Users get the required help in a short span of time.|
|It allows installing mods separately so users can remove them later very easily.|
|There are very fewer chances of mod conflicts and if it occurs then organizer resolves it quickly.|
Pros and Cons of Nexus Mod Manager
|The interface is very clean and simple to understand.||It misses out several features that mod organizer offers.|
|The built-in Download Manager works very well.|
|Mods are very well organized, so users feel no hassle in Categorisation.|
|Installation is very much easy that just takes a few clicks and same applies to uninstallation.|
These are some pros and cons of using these two mod managers and being a new one in the mod world I suggest you use Nexus Mod Manager first. With time as you get pro with this simple manager, you can head to Mod Organizer and take advantage of the advanced technology.
Mod Organizer is a sophisticated and powerful tool that helps you to manage your Skyrim mods. It can also be used to manage downloaded mods for Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Oblivion. I hope that you have enjoyed reading this, my latest hub on Skyrim and that you have found it useful and informative. Please feel free to leave any comments you may have below.