It is the case while playing League of Legends wont open that you face the error saying ‘pvp.net patcher kernel stopped working.’ The error occurs when the game’s client doesn’t load up or refuses for any reason. Sometimes it is also because of the administrator’s permissions.
League of Legends pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working [Solution]
Here I’ll show you the proper solutions for opening the game using administrator and other methods too.
#1 Try Opening the Game as Administrator
This one comes as the most comfortable fix when you run the game having the permission or controls of the administrator. Here are the simple steps:
- Go to the icon of the application or game you want to run and right click it.
- Now select ‘Run as administrator,’ and the program will proceed that way.
- Also, you go to the properties of the game and select Compatibility tab and there choose ‘Run this program as an administrator.’
- Save the changes you made by clicking Apply, and now you can try running the game.
#2 Use Task Manager To End The Application
The second fix is very simple, and just a few clicks can save your day. For this, you just need to end the application using task manager. Ending it from here will close all the programs related to it and erase the data from memory. After that, you can try running it as admin, and there will surely be positive results.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open up task manager by pressing windows key and X or press windows key and R and type
- Taskmgr and hit enter.
- It will open up task manager and now head to the processes tab.
- There, look processes related to League of Legends e.g. (LoLClient.exe), Riot Client Patcher (LoLLauncher.exe), and LoLPatcher.exe).
- Once you right click the process, you can see the option to end it.
- Just press End task and that program will be closed from the root.
- You can repeat the first step that is running the application as administrator.
#3 Tweak with the Patch Files
This is the last and most effective solution for pvp patcher kernel has stopped working windows 10.
So if you haven’t got any solution after trying the two mentioned methods, then you should try using this method. It is about selecting some patch files of the game or League of Legends because sometimes they may get corrupted and cause trouble. You don’t need to re-download them because it takes place automatically when it finds that space empty.
So head to the steps that you need to follow:
- Very first, locate the game or the directory of League of Legends in your device.
- Once you are there search for a folder named RADS.
- In the folder, follow this path: projects > lol_air_client > releases> and latest folder.
- Here you need to delete two files: release manifest and ‘S_OK.’
- Now go to the Deploy folder and from there delete the files named: logs, META-INF, lol.properties, and LoLClient.exe.
- You are almost done, just restart your device and try opening the game.
With all these three solutions, I’m positive that you will get rid of the error pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working. Keep trying and share your comments that which one was most effective in your case.